Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How I Ended Up In Costa Rica Part 2

So I didn´t get the job for the Boys Ranch and decided that I would apply for a job at the hospital being a surgery transporter. I have always wanted to be a transporter at the hospital because it sounded like a fun job. I figured with the surgery transporter job that I could pray over the people before they went to surgery. I never applied for the job, I just never got around to it. Time was getting to be a problem when it came to being in need of a job. On July 11, 2007 Barb Robertson called me saying she had just gotten an e-mail about a teaching job in Costa Rica. She thought of me and called me up to tell me about it. Now I had be planing on getting another tattoo the next day and had saved up money to do so. When Barb told me about the job I got really scared and thought dang now I can´t get my new tat because I might have to save money to go to Costa Rica. I didn´t really think I would go or end up in Costa Rica. I knew for some reason that I wasn´t suppose to be a part of the College Group, Kids Choir, or anything else because I didn´t know what God wanted me to do come August. Barb told me to Pray and seek Advice or Counsel from people that I trusted. So I did just that. Everybody that I talked to about thinking about applying for the Costa Rician job was very excited and supportive. I had a couple of family members who are not saved be against the whole thing, but that was okay because they were not going to change my mind. I decided to go a head and apply for the job. I had nothing to lose, I wasn´t going to have a job come August, it was a great opportunity, and I had nothing here(besides family and friends) keeping me in the States. So on like Sunday night the 22 or 23 Barb sent in my application. By this time I knew deep down that I was going to Costa Rica. On Monday Barb called me and started with a little bit of chit chat and then asked me if I was ready because I was going to Costa Rica. Now before I even applied for the job I told my parents and my Susie. Now my mom was all for it and my dad was very iffy because I was his oldest and his daughter and I was going to be away from him. I have all ways been very independent also and now he wasn´t going to be there at all near by. Now my mom really didn´t like the idea when she found out I was leaving. I was going to have to leave on August the 1st,2007 to get things ready for school because the first day of class was on August 6. My mom thought that I would leave in September and that is why she didn´t like the ideal of Costa Rica. I had like a week and a half before I left to go to Costa Rica when I found out that I got the job. And in that week God was working every step of the way, so I know that I know that this is where I am suppose to be at this time in my Story of my Life that I began with God. I will try to write more next time I am able to get to a computer. Some times I have to pay for an hour of Internet and with reading e-mails, writing e-mails, and trying to post a blog that hour goes by fast. So I apologies if I don´t blog all the time. Love from Costa Rica Sarah J.

1 comment:

Susie Moore said...

Love the blog! I wanna see some pictures though!